We got a cold front here in Texas this weekend, which has many declaring that it’s starting to feel like winter (even though I’m pretty sure temperatures in the 50s and 60s is considered “fall” elsewhere). In honor of this momentous occasion (it is Texas, after all, and summer can sometimes extend well into October), I bring you 10 reasons that I love cold weather.
1. I can wear boots, sweaters, jackets, and scarves without sweating.
2. I don’t have to alternate between drinking hot tea or chocolate and ice water in order to keep my internal body temperature down.
3. It feels like Christmas. After all, the four seasons in Texas are almost summer, summer, more summer, and Christmas.
4. Soups of all kinds. French onion, tomato, cheesy broccoli, mushroom…
5. Lighting candles in the house makes sense.
6. Being wrapped up in think blankets while watching movies.
7. Snuggling up next to my sweetheart and blaming it on “needing his body warmth” (of course, that’s harder to do when he’s halfway across the country).
8. The air feels clean (of course, that may be as a result of the lack of humidity)
9. It’s refreshing and invigorating.
10. It’s different from hot weather. Which we get plenty of in Texas.
What would you add to this list?